The site is composed of two parts. The "black" part of the site presents a brief information about Dostoevsky's life and creative work, as well as information about the museum and its events. The light color part of the site proposes a more detailed information on the same themes
Information for Visitors
GENERAL INFORMATION

Official names
Full name: Saint Petersburg State Cultural Institution "F.M.Dostoevsky Literary-Memorial Museum"
Short name: Dostoevsky Museum

Registered and postal address
Russia, 191002, Saint Petersburg, Kuznechny Lane, 5/2
Phone: (+7 812) 571-40-31 (secretariat)
       (+7 812) 764-20-44 (research section)
       (+7 812) 764-69-50 (ticket-office)
Fax: (+7 812) 712-00-03
dostoevsky.museum@gmail.com

Director
Natalya Ashimbaeva

The Dostoevsky Museum was opened on November 12, 1971 at the house on Kuznechny Lane 5/2. In this house the writer rented apartment twice in his life: during a very short period in 1846, and from October 1878 till the day of his death on January 28, 1881. This address joins together the beginning and the end of his creative development. In this house, Dostoevsky worked on his early short story The Double, here he wrote his last novel The Brothers Karamazov. The apartment has been reconstructed after the memoirs of the writer’s wife and contemporaries.

The Dostoevsky Museum, a unique centre of literature and arts, is composed of the following parts:
- The Writer’s Memorial Apartment – the museum’s main, central part
- The Literary Exhibit, dedicated to the writer’s biography and creation
- Exhibit Halls, for exhibits of contemporary art
- The Theatre, in which the White Theatre of the Dostoevsky Museum presents its performances, as well as the theatres-partners of the museum – theatre “Puppet Format”, “Takoy Theatre”, and other Petersburg, Russian and theatres from all over the world.

Over the years the museum’s collection has increased many times over. At present time it includes a large collection of graphic and applied art and a significant collection of photographs. The museum library holds about 24 000 volumes and a small collection of manuscripts. These collections are constantly growing, in large part thanks to the gifts of the visitors, friends of the museum, and Dostoevsky scholars.

Every year in November the museum hosts an international scholarly conference “Dostoevsky and world culture”, and a journal of the same name is published with the conference proceedings.